DRILLS 52 METRES AT 10 % ZINC AND 15 METRES AT 20 % ZINC AT SOUTH AYAWILCA
Tinka Resources Ltd. (TK.V) has released new results from drill holes A17-056 and A17-057, the first two holes of the 10,000-metre 2017 drill program at Ayawilca, Peru, and the first holes to be drilled at South Ayawilca. Both holes were drilled from the same platform, approximately 400 metres from the existing zinc mineral resource. Two zones of significant zinc mineralization were intersected in both holes, associated with gently dipping massive to semi-massive sulphide replacements of carbonate and clastic sediments. Mineralization is open in all directions. Zinc mineralization is all sulphide (sphalerite, marmatite) accompanied by minor galena and iron sulphides.
There have been logistical delays to the drill program caused by heavy summer rainfall. Tinka will mobilize a third rig to site during the first week of April to accelerate the drill program.
Hole A17-056 (results from surface to 127 metres and from 238 to 294 metres are reported here; results from 127-238 metres were previously reported March 6, 2017 including 62 metres at 5.6% Zn from 126 m depth):
- -51.9 metres at 10.1 % zinc, 62 g/t silver & 233 g/t indium from 242.0 metres depth, including:
- --14.9 metres at 20.6 % zinc, 152 g/t silver & 441 g/t indium from 279.0 metres depth, including:
- --6.4 metres at 37.5 % zinc, 301 g/t silver & 916 g/t indium from 279.0 metres depth;
- -The hole was lost at 293 metres depth but successfully wedged and continued as hole A17-056A where it was recently completed to a depth of 376 metres. Assays are pending for the bottom section.
Hole A17-057 (results from surface to 294 metres are reported here):
- -40.1 metres at 9.1 % zinc, 22 g/t silver & 168 g/t indium from 157.6 metres depth, including:
- --9.6 metres at 16.8 % zinc, 22 g/t silver & 299 g/t indium from 168.2 metres; and
- -15.3 metres at 20.0 % zinc, 2.5 % lead, 102 g/t silver & 263 g/t indium from 264.0 metres depth, including:
- --3.25 metres at 34.5% zinc, 2.1 % lead, 96 g/t silver & 196 g/t indium from 265.75 metres;
- --5.2 metres at 32.5 % zinc, 69 g/t silver, & 639 g/t indium from 272.5 metres depth;
- -The hole was completed to 477 metres depth. Minor additional mineralization was intersected with assays pending.
Dr. Graham Carman, Tinkas President and CEO, stated: "The first two holes at South Ayawilca have exceeded our expectations in terms of thickness and grade of zinc mineralization. These two holes are undoubtedly the best adjacent mineralized holes ever drilled at Ayawilca. There are also significant silver and indium credits. The intercepts in these holes are between 60 and 100 metres apart , and we interpret two mineralized bodies gently dipping to the south, formed by replacement of the host sequence, and remaining open in all directions (see Figures 1 & 2). Furthermore, mineralization can be correlated from hole to hole showing good continuity, and aiding our interpretation of this blind target. Hole A17-056 has semi-massive to massive sulphide replacement of the entire 150 metre thick carbonate sequence, indicating a very strongly mineralized system."